|Botanical:||Mentha Piperita Herb oil|
|Scent:||Fresh, pungent, slightly sweet, minty fragrance|
Essential Peppermint Oil has a fresh, pungent, slightly sweet, minty scent.
The smell and effect are largely determined by the menthol in the Peppermint oil.
In the Peppermint oil, the menthol content should be between 40 and 50 percent.
The percentage depends on the harvest time.
Peppermint oil has a refreshing and cooling effect.
The fresh and slightly pungent scent has a stimulating effect on the brain.
The essential oil wakes up, peps up and has a strong uplifting effect.
Peppermint helps you focus better by directing energy to the head and brain.
This makes this oil also suitable for school while studying or at work.
Peppermint is good to use on oily skin. This oil relieves itching and has a soothing effect.
100% pure essential Peppermint oil is important for the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry.
Peppermint oil is used in Peppermint candies, beverages, chewing gum, shampoo, cleaning products, toothpaste and mouth rinses.
Because the smell is quite dominant, Peppermint oil is hardly used in the perfume industry.
- In the sauna: add 5 to 10 drops to an ice ball or to the water in the sauna tub
- In an aroma burner: add 2 to 4 drops to the water in an aroma burner
- On an aroma stone: add 2 to 4 drops to the stone of the aroma stone
- In a diffuser: add 2 to 4 drops to the water in the diffuser
- In a massage oil: add up to 25 drops of Peppermint oil to 250 ml of Sweet Almond oil for a natural, refreshing massage oil.
- For steaming: add a maximum of 1 to 4 drops to boiling water and steam with a towel over the head
- In the steam room: add 2 to 4 drops of essential oil to a sponge and place it in a stainless steel bowl under the steam pipe
- In the bath: For mint in the bath, use our Me Time bath oil, otherwise Mint essential oil will float on the water.
Use 25 ml of this bath oil in the summer for the refreshing effect.
- Apply some Peppermint oil diluted in Sweet Almond Oil to the temples and forehead to counteract tension headaches.
- Do not take the essential oil pure or use it pure on the skin.
- Do not use in case of constipation and diarrhoea.
- Do not use more than 1 to 2 drops diluted in 100 ml of sweet almond oil on sensitive or damaged skin.
- Do not use while breastfeeding.
- Do not use in children under 2 years.
The essential oil mixes well with citrus scents, lavandin, eucalyptus, pine, lemongrass and mint oil.
The Peppermint plant is a member of the lip flower family and grows in most of North America.
Other Mint varieties easily cross with each other, creating many hybrids and cultivars. Peppermint is the most well-known type of mint. Peppermint is a cross between 2 other mints: the Spearmint and the Watermint.
The Mentha Piperita is a green plant that grows up to 60 cm high and is often obtained by means of steam distillation in North America.
For 1 liter of Peppermint oil, 100 to 200 kilos of dried peppermint leaf is needed from the Mentha Piperita.
Peppermint oil has a transparent to light green color.
The 5 ml and 20 ml brown glass bottles contain a dropper and a child-friendly cap and the 100 ml brown glass bottles contain a pipette.
The 250 ml, the liter bottle and the 5 liter can are used as refill packaging.