Star Anise oil has a warm, spicy, sweet, licorice-like aroma.
Star Anise is an oriental household spice.
This Anise oil has a harder and spicy smell than the smell of the green anise.
Chinese medicine has used Star Anise oil for centuries to treat respiratory problems.
The essential oil provides relief from respiratory complaints.
Inhale Anise oil through an aroma burner or steam with Anise oil when you have a cold 2 x a day.
Anise oil is often used as the top and middle notes in spicy perfumes.
Star anise is widely used in Asian cuisine to season food.
Anise is also used in licorice, cough syrups and toothpaste.
- In the sauna: add 5 to 10 drops to an ice ball or to the water in the sauna tub
- In an aroma burner: add 2 to 4 drops to the water in an aroma burner
- On an aroma stone: add 2 to 4 drops to the stone of the aroma stone
- In a diffuser: add 2 to 4 drops to the water in the diffuser
- For steaming: add a maximum of 1 to 4 drops to boiling water and steam with a towel over the head
- In a massage oil: add a maximum of 10 drops of Anise oil to 100 ml of Sweet Almond oil and use this natural massage oil on the lower abdomen to relieve menstrual complaints.
- Do not take the essential oil pure or use it pure on the skin.
- Avoid use on sensitive and/or damaged skin.
- Do not use in children under 5 years of age due to the percentage of methyl chavicol in aniseed oil.
The essential oil can be mixed well with orange, lavender and pine oil.
Chinese Star Anise is an evergreen tree up to 15 meters high with a white-grey bark.
The tree has leathery leaves and yellow-green to red flowers with 8 pointed star anise fruits.
The tree can bear fruit for more than 100 years.
Anise essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of the not quite ripe fruits in China.
For 1 liter of star anise oil, 50 kilos of Illicum Verum fruits are needed.
The name Illicum means seductive and refers to the wonderfully fragrant fruits and flowers.
Star anise oil has a light yellow color.
Do not let star anise oil get too cold (above 12 degrees) because otherwise it will become hard. (ice texture)
The 5 ml and 20 ml brown glass bottles contain a dropper and a child-friendly cap and the 100 ml brown glass bottles contain a pipette.
The liter bottle is used as a refill pack.
|Illicum Verum Fruit oil
Illicum Verum Fruit oil, Citral, D-Limonene, Linalool
4 - Above average strong